There’s a huge difference between being seen and being visible. One is passive, the other active. One keeps you powerless, the other puts you in control.
This week on the podcast I talk about the importance of making yourself more visible at all stages of your working parent career. You already know this of course, and yet you’re still not doing enough to make this happen. Why is that and what are you going to do to change that?
When I think back to my days as a finance lawyer in the City, I was the same. I knew what I needed to do, but doing what it took to make myself more visible felt like a huge challenge. But since I started to treat this as one of my highest priorities, it became so much easier. And the results have been outstanding.
If you want to increase your visibility at work, but you’re not sure where to start, tune into this week’s podcast. Here’s what I cover:
- The difference between being seen and being visible
- 4 mistakes you make about how others should treat you
- The common fears that are holding you back
- Getting past the fear of visibility
- 11 ways to start increasing your visibility today