In this podcast:
- What Growth Cycles are and why they’re important.
- Why, as a lawyer with Imposter Syndrome, you need to understand how they work.
- How to use Growth Cycles to create the career results you want.
In Imposter Syndrome Coaching, I guide you through a 4-step process to help you solve your Imposter Syndrome and progress your career. This is:
- Normalise your Imposter Syndrome
- Remember who you are
- Trust you are enough
- Follow Imposter Syndrome to your goal
Having a clear process is one thing. But staying on track and seeing that process through to the end is another. You’re likely to fall off track. You’re bound to experience setbacks. There are going to be failures along the way.
I created the concept of the Growth Cycle to help you prepare for when this happens and so you know exactly what you need to do to get back on track.
A Growth Cycle is a series of sequential stages you need to go through in order to progress. There are 3 stages in a Growth Cycle:
- Fail again
- Fail better.
You need to pass through all three stages in order to learn and grow, perhaps multiple times. Doing this will help you:
- Measure your progress, so you stay motivated and keep failure in perspective
- Understand the key role of failure in progress, and
- Build the failure tolerance that will help you succeed at every stage of your career.
In Imposter Syndrome Coaching, Growth Cycles are part of step 4 of the coaching process: follow your Imposter Syndrome to your goal. You keep failing until you get there. And you will get there! If you’re a lawyer with Imposter Syndrome and you’re ready to get out of your own way, book your free consultation with me by clicking here